Position Type: Full-time; Oakland, CA (remote during COVID-19)
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
Are you a driven individual who is passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, please consider joining Pacific Community Ventures as our Accounting Manager. As a mission-driven lender, we invest in diverse small businesses across the state of California focused on expanding access to capital and advising for Black and Brown entrepreneurs. You’ll work with our team to manage day-to-day accounting and operations tasks – work which is critical to achieving our mission.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures (PCV), a 20-year-old nonprofit CDFI, engages small businesses, impact investors, and policymakers to build an economy that works for everyone. Our approach is unique. PCV’s Lending and Small Business Advising teams connect entrepreneurs to the expertise and affordable capital they need to grow their businesses to help local economies thrive. We do this with a focus on helping them create good jobs, that address racial and gender wealth gaps, and contribute to community wealth-building. PCV’s Impact Investing Research and Consulting team executes client and research projects that empower investors and policymakers to more effectively deploy capital to underserved communities in ways that positively impact our society and environment. Our approach benefits local economies while contributing to scalable and systemic change, reflecting our “think globally, act locally” philosophy.
Why You’re Needed
PCV is a growing nonprofit social enterprise and we need a highly organized, detail oriented, accounting manager to assist with our program related day-day accounting and operational needs. This position reports to the Director of Finance & Operations and Director of Lending. If you thrive on collaboration and are passionate about business as a force for social good, PCV is looking for you!
- General Accounting
- Assist outsourced accounting team
- Manage company credit card reporting
- Track accounts payable invoices through entry to bill.com
- Lending Program
- Manage accounting portion of invoice and payment interface with our Lending software
- Reconcile Lending portfolio with accounting system
- Enter new Lending clients into QuickBooks and WFB
- Grant Management
- Manage and reconcile restricted grant budgets
- Support grant compliance request
- Other – Produce financial reporting, assist with monthly close and annual audit, perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the CEO or Director of Finance.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Major in accounting or business with emphasis in accounting is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel.
- Self-starter willing to take initiative, but also works well in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent computer skills (including knowledge of Word and Outlook)
- A minimum of 1 year experience in accounting is required, 2 years preferred.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, and ample paid time off and holidays as well as professional development opportunities.
During the current COVID-19 shelter-in-place order, this position will be 100% remote. Onsite work in Oakland, CA will resume according to Alameda County guidelines.
Interested candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: HR@pcvmail.org. Please include the title of Accounting Manager in the subject of your email. This position will be open for applications through August 7, 2020.
PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve.