Data Operations Associate
Position type: Full-time; Oakland, CA
Reports to: Director, Business Advising
Are you passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, consider joining Pacific Community Ventures as our Data Operations Associate. This role will work across our Business Advising and Lending small business programs, supporting both in using data and optimizing operations to propel their impact.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investment consulting services, and field-building research. PCV serves communities left behind by traditional banking and entrepreneurial services, including women, people of color and residents of low- to moderate-income communities.
Why You’re Needed
PCV is a dynamic, growing nonprofit social enterprise constantly looking for ways to optimize our operational processes and leverage the data we track to guide our work. In this role, you will be responsible for data management, reporting, analyzing and monitoring so that we can track and monitor key performance indicators. You will also support both our Business Advising and Lending team in making sure we are providing a smooth, impactful experience to the small business owners we serve.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a data-driven mindset, ideally with some experience managing data and creating reports — or a high predisposition to learn—and a passion for economic development, community development and/or entrepreneurship.
This is a great role for someone with strong technical fluency interested in starting a career in the intersection of nonprofit management and data with the added opportunity to collaborate with our data architect consultant and play an important role in shaping our new technology and data infrastructure.
- Manage data operational flow and reporting
- Manage Business Advising and Lending KPI dashboards
- Provide ongoing scheduled and ad-hoc reports for small business programs, marketing and grants
- Ensure daily data flow between our different service platforms, our database and business intelligence tools (in coordination with data architecture consultant)
- Ensure data integrity by performing necessary data checks and clean up
- Small business services operations
- Assist with compliance reporting for funders
- Utilize data and member stories to help showcase the impact of our work via reports, infographics or other mediums
- Act as day-to-day liaison between PCV and our program’s platform technology providers
- Community development
- Attend small business and CDFI industry events and develop strong working relationships with clients and partners
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- Interest in economic development, community development and/or entrepreneurship
- High technical and analytical aptitude and confidence in learning new system ecosystems and integrations quickly
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets
- Knowledge in data management and business intelligence tools such as Power BI and Tableau; a huge plus.
- College degree or equivalent experience
Local candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area only
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, and ample paid time off and holidays.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to: HR@pcvmail.org. Please include the title of Data Operations in the subject of your email.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. PCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.