Manager, Grant Development
Position type: Full-time; Oakland, CA
Reports to: President & CEO
Are you passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, please consider joining Pacific Community Ventures as our Manager, Grant Development. This role is critical to achieving our mission and includes working with our CEO and team to (1) manage our growing pipeline of grant opportunities; (2) produce grant proposals and status reports; and (3) manage Salesforce, which serves as an integrated fundraising, marketing and programs database.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investing consulting services, and field-building research. PCV serves communities left behind by traditional banking and entrepreneurial services, including women, people of color and residents of low- to moderate-income communities. We are especially interested in candidates who are reflective of the communities we serve.
Why You’re Needed
PCV is a dynamic, growing nonprofit social enterprise and we need an energetic go-getter to manage our grant portfolio. We’re seeking a strategic thinker with keen attention to detail, strong writing skills, and Salesforce database experience who is excited about researching and managing a pipeline of funding opportunities, and who thrives when working across all levels and areas of an organization.
This position reports to the President and CEO and works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, and the leaders of our Small Business and Impact Advisory programs. This is a wonderful opportunity for a strategic thinker who thrives on collaboration to strengthen our grant pipeline, currently at over $2M annually, which in turn enables us to serve more people, more effectively.
Manage and help grow our pipeline of grant opportunities from multiple sources including foundations, government, and financial institutions
- Manage and maintain PCVs list of existing funding partners with grant proposal and status report deadlines through Salesforce.
- Research and monitor new fundraising & grant-making initiatives that might be relevant to PCV so that we are always on the forefront of new fundraising opportunities, maintaining strong pipeline tracking reports in Salesforce.
- Participate alongside members of our Leadership Team in meetings with funders and potential funders, as needed
Produce grant proposals and status reports
- For each potential funding opportunity, work with our Leadership Team to develop a grant strategy and budget, write proposals, and submit the grant.
- For each grant secured, write grant status reports and manage a calendar of report due dates, including assessing the information required and coordinating the internal resources to ensure reports are submitted on time.
Manage Salesforce, which serves as an integrated fundraising, marketing and programs database
- Proactively work across teams to integrate Salesforce maintenance best practices so it becomes an effective resource for the organization.
- Manage our external Salesforce support team: screen and select new support contractor, oversee monthly database maintenance, manage 3rd party application integration (Apsona, Geopointe, ValidityTools), ensure adequate reference material is available to staff, direct incremental updates as needed to ensure continued usefulness of database.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in grant writing, reporting, and development, or similar persuasive business writing experience
- At least two years’ experience with Salesforce (or similar technology); proficiency with MS Office
- An outstanding writer able to succinctly and persuasively communicate to multiple audiences.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously; highly organized.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative who thrives on collaborating with multiple team members.
- College degree
This position will be based at our headquarters in Oakland. The role may involve occasional travel to other locations in the Bay Area.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, and ample paid time off and holidays.
PCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve.