Marketing/Social Media Associate
Position type: Full-time; Oakland, CA (remote during COVID-19)
Reports to: Marketing Director
Are you a driven individual who is passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, please join Pacific Community Ventures, a mission-driven organization invested in addressing racial and gender wealth gaps. We are seeking a Marketing Associate to join our team. Over the past decade, our research projects and client engagements have helped define and build the field of impact investing; we have become a leading statewide community development financial institution (CDFI) in California; and scaled a nationwide mentorship platform for underinvested small business owners. Our audiences and clients include small business owners across America, volunteer business experts; leading foundations and impact investors; other CDFIs; and policymakers at the state and local level.
Who We Are
PCV is a 22-year-old nonprofit CDFI that engages small businesses, impact investors, and policymakers to build an economy that works for everyone. Our approach is unique. PCV’s Small Business Lending and Advising teams connect entrepreneurs to the pre- and post-investment expertise and restorative capital they need to grow their businesses to help local economies thrive. We do this with a focus on helping them create good jobs that address racial and gender wealth gaps, and build community wealth.
Why You’re Needed
You will play a meaningful role in the growth of PCV’s impact by storytelling of our work, through our small business owners as local changemakers in their communities, and the local and national community organizations we partner with to serve them. You’ll bring creativity, strong project management, strategic thinking, people and communication skills (oral and written), as well as a passion for and (ideally) some lived experience in social, racial, and economic justice. You’re willing to learn on the job – often fast-paced, dynamic; always with integrity.
- Work with the Marketing Director to manage and develop daily content for PCV’s social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Research and write success stories on our small business, impact investing, and community partner clients – working collaboratively with our small business lending and advising team to prioritize client stories, partners, under-invested communities
- Draft and build marketing emails, newsletters, and other digital campaign materials
- Research, write, and publish weekly blogs; support co-authored writing pieces with the CEO as needed
- Assist on digital and traditional marketing campaigns, PR and earned media, and other communications projects as needed
- Assist with Board agendas and presentations as requested; cross-team priority collaborations to advance our impact and storytelling further
- Support internal and external communications that build a culture of respect and belonging
- Support fundraising proposals as needed, being able to tell our story through impact data
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
We strive hard to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas, and different ways of working. You will bring a background of working with dynamic teams and projects, as well as excellent analytical and communications skills that you are eager to apply to complex social problems. You should demonstrate a deep commitment to creating social and environmental benefit, under-invested people and places. You should be enthusiastic, flexible, and excited to join a passionate team.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience (great if you have some prior experience with social media management, digital marketing, or email marketing)
- Prior experience with light design tools (like Canva) preferred, but not required
- Help build and promote organizational culture at all levels
- Flexibility and comfort with a mission-driven environment, and a small and growing organization
- Fast-learner, who demonstrates humility, openness, transparency, empathy, etc., as consistent with PCV values
This position will be based at our headquarters in Oakland long-term, due to the coordination aspects of this role. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic this role will be mostly remote, with occasional office check-ins to support team operations. The role may involve occasional travel to other locations in California and around the United States in the future.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, ample paid time off and holidays, as well as meaningful professional development opportunities.
Interested candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. They should send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. Start at earliest convenience. No phone calls, please. Apply now.
PCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We live our values of openness, transparency, coming from a place of yes, collaboration, and more; and believe that justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our success. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve.