People & Culture Manager
Position type: Full-time; Oakland, CA or Fully Remote
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
If building a people-centered workplace excites you, and you want to be part of building a more equitable society – then check out this fabulous opportunity at Pacific Community Ventures. This position can be remote based within the U.S with occasional travel.
Who We Are
PCV is a 22-year-old nonprofit CDFI that engages small businesses, impact investors, and policymakers to build an economy that works for everyone. Our approach is unique. PCV’s Small Business Lending and Advising teams connect entrepreneurs to the pre- and post-investment expertise and restorative capital they need to grow their businesses to help local economies thrive. We do this with a focus on helping them create good jobs that address racial and gender wealth gaps, and build community wealth. Our approach benefits local economies while contributing to scalable and systemic change, reflecting our “think globally, act locally” philosophy.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Enhance Organizational Culture via development of strong managerial competencies and enhancing DEI and professional development initiatives to foster a culture of support, respect, belonging and growth
- Recruit and Retain Exceptional Talent by supporting an equitable hiring process, onboarding and establish compensation and periodic pay surveys, in addition to managing the performance management process
- HR Operations such as updating policies and procedures, maintaining compliance and analyzing data
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Experience building and promoting a values-based organizational culture of respect and belonging at all levels
- Flexibility and comfort with a mission-driven innovative environment, and a small and growing organization
- Fast-learner, who demonstrates humility, openness, transparency, empathy, etc., as consistent with PCV values
This position can be fully remote with occasional travel to our office in Oakland, CA.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, ample paid time off and holidays, as well as meaningful professional development opportunities.
Interested candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. They should send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “People Culture Manager Application” in the subject line. Start at earliest convenience. No phone calls, please. Apply now.
PCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We live our values of openness, transparency, coming from a place of yes, collaboration, and more; and believe that justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our success. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve.