Position type: Full-time; Oakland, CA
Reports to: Managing Director, Small Business Services
We are seeking a Program Associate to join our team as part of our innovative small business services team. One of our key differentiators is our ability to collect and report data as well as success stories to funders, partners and clients.
PCV’s Business Advising program and Loan Fund both continue to scale and increase the participant experience. We work with business owners and volunteer advisors across America, and partners like Super Bowl, Capital One, Charles Schwab, eBay, PayPal and more to deliver on our brand promise. We combine technology and high touch service, leveraging our advanced matching algorithm and SaaS platform along with personal interactions to achieve our mission. 2018 is on pace to become another record year in terms of growth and participant satisfaction, and we are looking to continue building on that success in 2019 and beyond.
The primary responsibilities of the Program Associate are engaging with colleagues and leadership on Lending, Business Advising and Grants to analyze and manage qualitative and quantitative data needed for program success as well as supporting the CEO and Director of Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investing consulting services, and field-building research. Pacific Community Ventures has two primary programs that strengthen small businesses located in and/or hiring from underinvested areas.
Our Small Business “Loans + Advice” fund provides affordable small business loans to bridge the “missing middle” between startup capital and financing from banks. Our loans are often used to secure or expand a space, purchase equipment, or to increase inventory to meet demand. We don’t require a minimum credit score, and specialize in working with small business owners who’ve had a hard time accessing capital, like female entrepreneurs, immigrant entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs of color, and borrowers that may have been turned down for SBA or traditional bank loans.
Our Small Business Advising program connects small business owners with expert advisors who help them meet their challenge and seize new opportunities. We put volunteerism to work for local communities by managing a national network of seasoned entrepreneurs, skilled professionals, and senior leaders from major banks, consulting firms, and bigger companies who want to use their hard-earned business knowhow to create more opportunity in our communities.
Small Business Program Support
- Engage with colleagues and leadership on Lending, Business Advising and Grants to analyze and manage qualitative and quantitative data needed for program success
- Engage small business clients at events and via onboarding
- Data Analysis needs:
- Run reports on Lending, Business Advising and Grant programs using existing systems
- Improve and develop new reports
- Recommend system improvements to create improvements and efficiencies
- Data management for Salesforce, Business Advising platform, and Loan Fund platform
- Assist Director of Finance and Operations to ensure a smooth-running team including supply management, expense management and event planning
- Assist CEO with Board meetings and other special projects
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in, and commitment in, providing support to Small Business Owners. Successful applicants should demonstrate strong analytical and communications skills that they are eager to apply to a nationally-recognized program. Candidates should be self-motivated, flexible and willing to join a small and passionate team.
- At least two years of experience with proven problem solving and data analysis skills with attention to detail and the ability to communicate results clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Microsoft Excel skills including efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets, experience with MS Access and Salesforce a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to distill and communicate key quantitative and qualitative findings into written reports, presentations, and graphics
- Self-starter willing to take initiative, but also works well in a team
- Solution oriented and embraces working in a dynamic environment
- We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve
This position will be based at our headquarters in Oakland. Local candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area only
Competitive with excellent benefits
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Program Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.