Business Advising Relationship Manager
Position type: Part-time; Non-exempt; Work from home
Reports to: Business Advising Program Manager
Salary: $22 per hour / 30 hours per week
Are you passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, please consider joining Pacific Community Ventures as a Relationship Manager. This is a part-time (30 hours per week) assignment that can be done from anywhere in the U.S. This role is responsible for connecting business owners nationwide with pro bono business advisors and other resources that will help them run and grow their businesses. As a tech-enabled and people-centric program, we leverage our online platform and advanced matching algorithms while supporting our clients with personal interactions to deliver a truly customized experience to small business owners across all 50 states.
Who We Are
PCV is a 25-year-old nonprofit CDFI that engages small businesses, impact investors, and policymakers to build an economy that works for everyone. Our approach is unique. PCV’s Small Business Lending and Advising teams connect entrepreneurs to the pre- and post-investment expertise and restorative capital they need to grow their businesses to help local economies thrive. We do this with a focus on helping them create good jobs that address racial and gender wealth gaps and build community wealth.
Over the past decade, our research projects and client engagements have helped define and build the field of impact investing; we have become a leading statewide community development financial institution (CDFI) in California; and scaled a nationwide mentorship platform for under-invested small business owners. Our audiences and clients include small business owners across the United States, volunteer business experts; leading foundations and impact investors; other CDFIs; and policymakers at the state and local level.
Why You’re Needed
As a growing program, our Business Advising team needs additional support to help us realize our mission by helping ensure our fast-growing community of BIPOC and under-estimated small business owners have a positive experience with our valued advisors. As we grow our work serving monolingual Spanish, Cantonese and Mandarin speakers, we are looking for someone that can help us ensure we deliver a high-quality experience to our Spanish, Cantonese and Mandarin speaking communities. Our ideal candidate is someone who has great listening skills and excels at taking thoughtful notes; displays an entrepreneur-centric phone presence and email etiquette; demonstrates responsible time management skills; and has direct or lived experience on small business fundamentals and familiarity with business terminology. Successful candidates in this role are deeply invested in the success and resilience of our most under-invested small business owners nationwide and helping them be the local changemakers in their communities that build wealth through quality job creation in their business.
- Serve as a dedicated account manager for Business Advising partners, including partner onboarding, presentations to small business owners and advisors, and providing consistent support to meet partner needs.
- Conduct onboarding calls for PCV lending clients, ensuring they have a seamless transition into the Business Advising program.
- Effectively manage email inquiries and survey responses, offering support to small business owners and advisors in their Business Advising journey, while also analyzing feedback for program improvements.
- Identify and compile success stories within the Business Advising program in coordination with PCV’s Marketing and Communications team for promotional purposes.
- Manage Business Advising program focus cohorts, tracking and ensuring that clients receive designated resources and advising support.
- Cultivate Business Advising program communities to create a supportive community for small business owners and advisors to network and interact.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in roles dealing with people (retail, customer service, small businesses)
- Experience using online tools such as Google Docs or online databases/CRMs
- An interest and commitment to our mission
- A great listener
- Excellent time management skills and highly organized
- Native fluency in Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin (written and spoken) is preferred, but not required
- A degree is not required but some college courses or equivalent experience would be preferable
While our office is located by 19th St. BART Station in Oakland, CA, and you are welcomed to work from here, this role can be performed remotely, and we highly encourage candidates from across the country to apply. Flexible schedule and no travel involved. You must have a working computer and reliable access to a phone and internet and will be reimbursed at a reasonable amount for necessary expenses required for you to perform your duties.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: HR@pcvmail.org. Please include the title of “Business Advising Relationship Manager” in the subject of your email. Thanks!
PCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran, or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We live our values of openness, transparency, coming from a place of yes, collaboration, and more; and believe that justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our success. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience with the communities we serve