Make An Impact As a PCV Business Advisor
Small businesses are the heart and soul of our communities. Cost-free access to mentorship and business advising is a powerful tool to optimize the success of any small business. This is where YOU come in.
PCV’s award-winning Pro-Bono Business Advising program facilitates impactful mentorships between Small Business Owners and advisors like you, who have unique and hard-earned skills in digital marketing, HR, finance, banking and business management among other crucial tools and resources that are the foundation for turning any dream into a working, thriving reality.
By applying to be a Pro-Bono Advisor with our Business Advising program, you will not only partner with Small Business Owners to elevate their work, but you will also:
- Join a network of over 2,000 Business Advisors who have helped small business owners grow their revenues by 20% on average and create jobs at ten-times the national rate.
- Have access to free webinars and workshops that can enhance your skills and knowledge base in a subject matter of your choosing.
- Take your current skills to the next level by learning how to coach businesses in what you know best. Mentorship is a coveted skill and can help you widen your network, jump-start your own entrepreneurial dreams, and expedite your growth as a leader in your field.
- Give back to the people who help our communities thrive. Our advisors have some of the most gratifying experiences as they witness small business owners blossom, tackle obstacles, and maximize the overall success of their businesses.
While experience starting or running your own business is preferred, your expertise and guidance in your field is equally as valuable to many new and emerging small business owners. Either way, our amazing team of Relationship Managers will match you with the right small business that can best benefit from your skills. As you continue to work with our clients, you will have more opportunities to network with fellow advisors, paid opportunities to coach fellow advisors, and more.
When small businesses thrive, our entire economy thrives. At PCV we are committed to supporting you and the small businesses we both care about, for the long run!
‘There’s enough bad in the world, and I just want new and different ways to put some good in it. All I can do is advise and inform and give people knowledge that they may not have, and hope that will lead them to do the same thing for other people.’
Dr. Brian Thomas
Share Your Skills And Create Real Community Impact
As a pro bono business advisor, you’ll be able to serve as a mentor by meeting with a small business owner to discuss their company’s challenges and give specialized advice and guidance to grow their business
You might be thinking, ‘Who has time to volunteer?’ But the truth is, it only takes less than 5 hours a month to make a big difference in someone else’s life. Don’t worry if you’ve never worked for or run your own small business. We’ll match you with the right small business based on what you can contribute.
How It Works
Our Business Advising program gives Main Street, family-owned, or independent businesses the same tools and resources that drive big companies to great success. If we help empower small business owners to increase their competitiveness while at the same time creating good jobs with better wages, then every community and worker in America benefits.
Who You Are
Take 10 minutes to tell us about your career experience, skills, and other areas of expertise.
We’ll find you a business owner to work with
We’ll propose potential matches, but leave the final decision on advising up to you.
You’ll schedule time to connect
Don’t worry – we’ll provide some structure and guidance to get you started.
A Real Desire to Give Back
Most Mentors Meet The Following Criteria:
- A few years experience in an area such as marketing, sales, finance, HR, manufacturing, operations, social media, or general business management
- Commitment to working with a small business owner for up to 5 hours per month
- Willingness to participate in regular partnership surveys and an annual evaluation about how we can improve the program
- Located in the United States or Canada
- Volunteer advising can be done in person, or through Zoom, on the phone, Facetime, Google Hangout — whatever’s easiest for you!