We Fund The Small Business Owners You Can’t
We specialize in working with small business owners that may have been turned down for SBA or traditional bank loans due to credit score, lack of collateral, or time in business.
No small business owner likes to be sitting across from a lender who tells them they don’t qualify for the funding they need. Pacific Community Ventures is a nonprofit lender that can serve the small business owners you may not be able to. We’re a California-wide lender with an extensive presence in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. Our partners often refer small business owners to us when loan applications fail to meet the criteria for SBA or traditional bank loans due to their credit score or lack of collateral.
We Can Help
Pacific Community Ventures funds small business loans between $10,000 and $250,000. We work with California companies that have been in business for at least 12 months, and have at least 1 employee (part- or full-time). There are no minimum credit scores for consideration. Businesses should be profitable at the time they apply. It’s ideal if a business can show at least 6 months of ongoing profitability, but it’s not required.
Contact Bob Porter
Managing Director, PCV Loan Fund
How It Works
As a nonprofit community investor, we’re more flexible than a bank, credit union, or the Small Business Administration. We make the loan process simple and straightforward.
Become A Referral Partner
Contact PCV to learn about our referral program. Once you sign a partnership agreement, we’ll work together to create a pipeline for businesses to access PCV small business financing.
Refer A Business Owner To Us
After becoming a referral partner, we’ll work with you to understand the business needs of your referrals and identify financing options.
An Easy Process
We’ll give your client a quick response on their eligibility. Your client tells us a few basic things about themselves and their business. After they submit the pre-application, our small business lending team will contact them within 24 hours to schedule an introductory call to discuss their business and the purpose of the loan in greater detail.
A Quick Decision
Once we’ve reviewed your client’s documents, we’ll make a decision on the loan. That process usually takes between 1 — 3 business days, during which time we’re in contact with the client so there are no surprises. Once the loan is approved, we’ll move to closing and let your client know next steps.
We’re With Them All The Way
We provide one-on-one guidance during the application process and the entire time your business owner is paying back the loan, to ensure their long-term success.
Benefits To You
Our network of partners includes national banks, community banks, credit unions, and community development financial institutions (CDFIs) all across California. Benefits include:
- A new channel for your business: we’ll keep you updated on your client, and refer all bank- or SBA-ready clients back into your pipeline as their financials improve
- Give all of your non-qualified clients a nonprofit lender they can turn to. We can work directly with your referral, or fast-track the underwriting using materials you’ve collected for your credit package
- For business owners who need some assistance, we can pair your clients with a pro bono advisor from our pool of thousands of pro bono professionals for both pre- and post-loan support
- Receive robust social and economic impact metrics for CRA credit
- Advance social equity and community wealth-building with our unique focus on women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities
- Uniform brand and client experience with a customized landing page for your company