Business Advising Engagement Specialist (Bi-Lingual)
Pacific Community Ventures Small Business Advising
Position type: Part-time contractor
Reports to: Business Advising Program Manager
We are seeking a part-time contractor to contribute to our innovative small business advising program. The Business Advising Program connects entrepreneurs with-expert level advisors to help them grow their businesses. We are looking for a talented individual to help grow and shape the future of this program with a keen eye on flawless execution. We combine technology and high touch; leveraging our advanced matching algorithm and SaaS platform along with personal interactions to achieve our mission and deliver on our promise to support entrepreneurs nationwide create good businesses and jobs.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions an economy that works for everyone. For almost two decades, our programs have helped people achieve the American Dream by creating quality jobs and stimulating investment in local economies.
Our approach is unique. Our Small Business Advising and Lending programs help local economies thrive by connecting entrepreneurs to the expertise and capital they need to grow their businesses. At the macro level, PCV’s impact investing consulting practice conducts research and evaluation so that investors and policymakers can more effectively deploy large pools of capital to underserved communities in ways that create social good. Our approaches are scalable and create systemic change — yet are implemented in ways that are relevant to particular local economies — a truly “think globally/act locally” philosophy.
- Lead assigned onboarding calls for small businesses
- Respond to participant surveys, flag surveys with additional action items to supervisor
- Groom workflow queues and ensure advising engagements are confirmed quickly
- Assist in the matching process between advisors and entrepreneurs
- Communicate directly with program participants
- Source and upload entrepreneurial and small business content into our online resource library
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Professional phone presence
- Familiarity with business terminology
- Outstanding time management and ability to multi-task
- Professional email etiquette
- Excellent note taker
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative
- Must maintain a sense of humor
- Interest in non-profit management, community development, business management and/or entrepreneurship
- Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese language skills a plus
While our office is located by 19th St. BART Station in Oakland, CA, and you are welcomed to work from here, this role can be performed remotely and we highly encourage candidates from across the country to apply. Flexible schedule and no travel involved. You must have a working computer and reliable access to a phone and internet
$15/hour at 20 hours per week.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.