Business Advising Engagement Specialist
Pacific Community Ventures Small Business Advising
Position type: Part-time; Work from home
Reports to: Business Advising Program Manager
Are you passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, please consider joining Pacific Community Ventures as an Engagement Specialist. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) role that can be done from anywhere in the U.S. This role is responsible for connecting business owners nationwide with the valuable resources they need to run and grow their enterprises successfully. We do this by combining technology and high touch; leveraging our advanced matching algorithm and Saas platform, along with utilizing personal interactions to achieve our mission and deliver on our promise to support entrepreneurs to create good businesses and jobs.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investment consulting services, and field-building research. PCV serves communities left behind by traditional banking and entrepreneurial services, including women, people of color and residents of low- to moderate-income communities. We are especially interested in candidates who are reflective of the communities we serve.
Why You’re Needed
PCV is a dynamic, growing nonprofit social enterprise and we need an energetic go-getter to help ensure our small business owners have a positive experience with our valued advisors. We are seeking someone who has great listening skills, and excels at taking notes/data entry; displays a professional phone presence and email etiquette; outstanding time management skills; and has a basic understanding of business fundamentals/familiarity with business terminology.
- Connect business owners nationwide with the various resources they need to run and grow their enterprises successfully. This is accomplished by reviewing online profiles created by small business owners and volunteer advisors, and creating the best match to ensure the mentoring engagements begin.
- Conduct check-ins and trouble shoot any challenges between the two parties.
- Assist the Program Manager by identifying ways to further engage program participants while improving participant’s experience quality, user retention, and satisfaction rates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in roles dealing with people (retail, customer service, small businesses)
- Experience using online tools such as Google Docs or online databases/CRMS.
- An interest and commitment to our mission
- A great listener
- Excellent time management skills and highly organized
- A degree is not required but some community college would be preferable
- Being fluent in Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese would be a plus
While our office is located by 19th St. BART Station in Oakland, CA, and you are welcomed to work from here, this role can be performed remotely and we highly encourage candidates from across the country to apply. Flexible schedule and no travel involved. You must have a working computer and reliable access to a phone and internet
$15/hour at 20 hours per week.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: HR@pcvmail.org. Please include the title of Engagement Specialist in the subject of your email. Thanks!
PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.