INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The primary reason we collect certain personal information is to provide the best possible experience with our products and customer service, should you need assistance. It enables us to provide convenient and personalized user access and improve the features and usability of our products as well as to deliver product announcements, software updates and, in some cases, special offers.
We may collect information and use it for internal business purposes in a number of situations, for example:
- Personal information such as name, e-mail address, contact preferences, which of our products and services you use, and transactional information such as your credit card number – to deliver and support our products and services; and
- Personal information such as name, gender, ethnicity, education, career information, job title, job description, areas of expertise, and other information that you allow us to collect from third-party websites such as LinkedIn by logging into them via our website.
- Business information such as name of business, business address, phone, website, business goals, challenges, and aspirations, business start date, revenue, number of employees, number of staff, average hourly wage, certain information related to hiring practices and employee benefits, and references that you provide to us via our website.
- Tracking information about your visit from a web browser or mobile application, including IP address, cookies and the pages you request — to analyze trends, administer the site, track your navigation of the site, deliver relevant advertisements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to “personally identifiable information”); and
- Aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals, such as geographic region, which we may share with our business partners — to improve understanding of customer needs and provide relevant services.
You may edit your profile information online. Of course, you may choose to stop using PCV’s Online Business Advising services at any time and / or to delete information and material you have posted to your account. If you cancel your account or delete any content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the service, but there may continue to be residual copies of such information due to the nature of the computer system’s operation and ongoing data back-up and archiving. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to delete any information from your account or your account altogether.
If you wish to opt out of email marketing communications from us, you may click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email message you receive from us.
YOUR USERNAME AND RELATED INFORMATION
With your permission, our web site uses your LinkedIn login credentials to create an account. We access other personal information using the LinkedIn application programming interface such as your job positions, endorsements, education and professional graph. We may also ask you for and store additional personal information such as alternative email addresses. This is required in order to take full advantage of PCV’s Online Business Advising services and allows us to provide more personalized and convenient service.
Certain portions of PCV’s Online Advising web site and services may be open to any online viewer that you decide to share information with via a link, email, share to external website, or posting that you send or we send on your behalf with your permission. Any information that you share can be read, collected and used by anyone. PCV enables you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of our site so you should carefully consider how you use the services. We are not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations or share.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- We have your explicit consent to share the information; or,
- We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request; or,
- We wish to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners, which we may do unless you “opt out” of such communications by clicking the unsubscribe link found within PCV email updates; or,
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations; or,
- You have explicitly requested information from our business partners, in which case it will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply; or,
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons or property; or,
- We have a relationship with an affiliate or partner that you have an online or off-line (non-Internet) relationship with, or have visited the affiliate or partner’s web site that links to or mentions the PCV site, and have registered for PCV online services through the partner’s or affiliate’s program or site; or,
- We are purchased by another entity, ownership control changes, or we change names, your information will be transferred to the receiving entity.
COOKIES AND TRACKING PIXELS
PCV is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your PCV password, if you have one, is protected by encryption and only you have access to it;
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems are protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility and we restrict physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff and regularly evaluate our technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data. As a rule, our employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the PCV service, but it may be viewed if we determine that we have an obligation to review it; and
- Certain PCV services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If we learn of a security system breach we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
PCV complies with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which requires that sites directed to children under 13 that collect personal information from children or general audience sites that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information from children inform parents and legal guardians about how they collect, use and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age.
The PCV service is not directed to children under 13 years of age and we will not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Pacific Community Ventures
51 Federal Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107