Impact Investing Research and Consulting
Pacific Community Ventures develops customized impact investing strategies for clients, identifying appropriate investment vehicles and themes, industries, geographies, and opportunities for partnership. Our work seeks to support investors in more closely aligning their capital with their unique social, environmental, and financial objectives, enabling them to make more effective investments. Our advice is informed by over a decade of work with a variety of institutional clients across asset classes, coupled with research on industry trends and best practice in the rapidly-evolving impact investing market.
What We Do
- Develop and refine impact objectives, theories of change, and logic models
- Examine clients’ investment history and impact to inform strategy development
- Conduct interviews and research on thematic areas, industries, geographies, investment vehicles, and areas relevant to new investment strategies
- Create strategy frameworks that identify high-priority investment opportunities that reflect client impact objectives
- Design investment policies and procedures for implementing new strategies that account for operations and ensure proper governance
- Build interactive tools to assess investment opportunities based on mission alignment and expected impact
Aligning Capital With Mission
The Annie E. Casey Foundation, a private foundation dedicated to improving the lives of America’s children and families, engaged Pacific Community Ventures to conduct the first comprehensive third-party evaluation of its Social Investment Program, a $125 million allocation from its endowment dedicated to mission investing. By incorporating more rigorous impact measurement practices, investors like the Annie E. Casey Foundation are better equipped to understand their impact, make data-driven decisions, and maximize their support of communities in need.
All Recent Publications
At Pacific Community Ventures we develop social impact measurement and management frameworks and conduct field-building research to provide investors, policymakers, and entrepreneurs with the information and tools they need to more effectively deploy capital and create economic opportunities in underserved communities.
Our Clients and Partners
Our impact investing research and consulting practice helps clients effectively deploy capital and manage investments in alignment with their impact objectives. We provide investors, philanthropists, and policymakers the tools, tactics, and strategies to measure and communicate the social and financial outcomes of their investments and increase their impact.
Get The Latest Impact Investing News
Sign up for our bi-monthly PCV Impact Investing newsletter, and get the latest impact investing and social enterprise news and resources delivered straight to your inbox.