Impact Measurement, Management, and Evaluation
Pacific Community Ventures conducts impact measurement, management, and evaluation for a wide range of clients — including foundations, funds, and institutional investors — and examines both public and private market investments. Our work seeks to build the industry’s capacity for more rigorous impact measurement and management to support data-driven investment decisions, and greater evidence on the non-financial performance of investments across the field.
We design impact measurement and management systems that appropriately balance analytical rigor and feasibility, where our objective is always to create processes that efficiently integrate with our client investors’ existing investment management approach and contribute real business value to both investees and investors. We want to enable investors to demonstrate their track record of targeted impact to stakeholders, as well as inform their investment strategies.
What We Do
- Design and implement rigorous impact measurement and management systems that examine social and environmental impact both pre- and post-investment
- Select and develop industry-standard and custom metrics, KPIs, and targets
- Execute longitudinal, developmental and summative evaluations of investment portfolios across asset classes and sectors
- Provide trusted third-party services to clients seeking independent impact analysis, reporting, and insights
- Share knowledge and expertise with clients through impact measurement and management training sessions
Invest Northwest Ten Year Performance Review
For ten years Pacific Community Ventures has worked with the Northwest Area Foundation and the Annie E. Casey Foundation to annually evaluate the social performance of Invest Northwest, a place-based mission-related private equity fund. The experience of developing, launching, managing, and evaluating Invest Northwest has provided important lessons that are relevant to impact investors and place-based investors across America.
Aligning Capital With Mission
The Annie E. Casey Foundation engaged Pacific Community Ventures to conduct the first comprehensive third-party evaluation of its Social Investment Program. The report also offers lessons and insights surfaced during the course of the evaluation that can inform foundations and other impact investors in more effectively measuring the impact of their investments.
Get The Latest Impact Investing News
Sign up for our bi-monthly PCV Impact Investing newsletter, and get the latest impact investing and social enterprise news and resources delivered straight to your inbox.