1) Content is STILL king. There is no replacement for creating and putting out meaningful content, dialogue and interesting ways of engaging your audience.
2) An ‘alt tag’ link added to your photo will create a description of the photo that will be displayed whether the photo shows up in every program or not (Outlook, I’m lookin’ at you).
3) The most clicked-through email subjects are things like ‘The Top 10 (fill in the blank), ‘You’ll never believe (fill in the blank) and anything to do with an end of the year wrap-up. One of the presenters came to SF after a career in marketing at People Magazine, and mentioned that their whole ’25 Most Beautiful’ and ’25 Most Intriguing’ lists for the previous year were both their most-read and easiest to produce editions.
4) We need FAR more of you to ‘Like’ our Facebook page!
5) We at PCV need to get better at telling our story – which is a fabulous one, by the way! If you have great social media or online marketing ideas for us, let us know here in the comments.
Happy social-media-ing, and have a great weekend.