Today we are pleased to announce the launch of The Great Social Enterprise Census. The Great Social Enterprise Census is a 60 second survey of social enterprises that seeks to clarify the size, structure, and geographic diversity of the social enterprise sector in the United States. For this effort PCV has partnered with some of the nation’s most preeminent organizations within the social enterprise sector to reach organizations and enterprises across the nation. These partner organizations include: Social Enterprise Alliance, SOCAP, B-Lab, Social Venture Network, and REDF.
The Census benefits social enterprises by providing the essential data needed to build more robust ecosystems of support, including through:
- Access to a greater depth and breadth of capital
- Exposure to a new and larger audience of consumers and investors
- Business services including mentorship and innovation hubs
- More robust peer group and service provider networks
- Recruitment of new talent to the space
- Policy reform and targeted government incentives
- A more cohesive and powerful sector-wide voice
PCV will make all Census results publicly available, free of charge, in aggregate form with no sensitive information directly tied to individual organizations or enterprises.
We invite you to check out the Census and for all social enterprises to participate and be counted at http://socialenterprisecensus.org